Released 1 / 14 / 21
- Ability to globally mute products and categories – Premium and Extreme members now have the ability to globally mute individual products and entire categories from any markdown feed on the site. Muted products and categories can be managed from your site settings page.
- Ability to select your interests – You are now able to select which types of content you are most interested in. You’ll be able to choose from interests such as DIY / Home Improvement, Tech, Cooking, Sporting Goods, Travel, Essentials, and many more. After selecting your interests you can check out the home page to see deals curated for you based on your selection.
- Local Markdown Feed now supports “My Stores” – Extreme members can now view all markdowns recently seen in any of their selected “My Stores” giving them much greater control over their local deal hunting experience.
- Added pagination to the online deal alerts management page.
Released 6 / 5 / 20
- Sort Deals by Discount – In addition to being able to sort by Trending, Newest, and Most Liked, the deals page can now be sorted by discount.
- Shopping List — Ability to Select All “Out of Stock” Items – You are now able to select all “Out of Stock” items within your Shopping List with one click. this makes it easier than ever to quickly delete all “Out of Stock” items.
- Shopping List — Filter by Retailer – While browsing your Shopping List you now have the ability to filter displayed products by retailer.
- Redesigned Products Page – This is an early version of a newly redesigned Products page. Enhancements include new filters, new sorting methods, and more information displayed for each individual results. This newly enhanced version is only available to Extreme users for the time being, as we continue to further enhance and refine it before releasing a version of it to Premium users.
- Fixed an issue where the setting for hiding maps throughout the site was not working for certain users.
- Fixed a bug which was preventing the indicated “Deal Rating” from being displayed correctly for certain Online Deal Alerts.
Released 2 / 24 / 20
- Notification Center – With this release we’re happy to introduce an all new notification center. This will serve as the central hub for all activity on BrickSeek which is new and relevant to you.
- Redesigned daily update email – The daily update email, sent to Premium and Extreme users, has been completely redesigned with updated looks. We are also now including results specific to your preferred “My Stores” selection.
- Enhanced the design of the category selection control when creating a new online deal alert.
- Online deal alerts can now be created as you are browsing deals on the deals page or when viewing a singular deal.
- After reaching the site to view a premium deal which was sent to you as an online deal alert, if you are logged out and unable to view that deal, you will now be redirected to the login page automatically and prompted to login, after which you will be redirected back to the deal you were originally attempting to view.
- Remove the no longer necessary asterisk from Home Depot inventory checker results.
- Resolved a bug where a users “My Stores” selection was not being reset correctly at the time of them changing their accounts zip code.
- Resolved a bug where filtering by “Unknown” category for deals, products, and several other areas of the site would return no results.
- Resolved a bug preventing links to blog posts in the sidebar from actually linking to the indicated blog post.
Released 10 / 17 / 19
This was a minor release which was made in order to account for a change in the way Walmart reports inventory quantity information.
We made the following changes to the way inventory quantities are displayed for results from Walmart locations:
- Quantity ranges for some results will now be more concise “quantity: 2-5” or “quantity: 3-5″ for example will now be displayed as “quantity: 2-3” and “quantity: 3-4″ respectively.
- A small number of results which previously would have been displayed as “In Stock” will now be displayed as “Limited Stock”.
- Inventory quantities of 6 or more will now be displayed as “6+“.
- Walmart Inventory Checker
- Pricing Records – Walmart
- Markdowns by Store – Walmart
- Local Markdown Feed – Walmart
- Walmart products within Shopping Lists
- Local Inventory Alerts for Walmart products.
The above changes will impact the following areas:
Released 9 / 3 / 19
- Added support for Macy’s to Markdowns by Store, Today’s Markdowns, and Local Markdown Feed.
- New slider on the homepage which will be updated periodically with the latest updates and other announcements.
- “Members Area” pages which are locked for the current user are now displayed differently. Each page now includes a brief description of what that page does.
- Added a disclaimer which explains the best approach to successfully redeeming a BrickSeek Rewards offer.
- Reordered “Members Area” menu items.
- Expired deals whose last known markdown pricing is unavailable are now displayed without any pricing information instead of displaying “N/A”
- Inputs throughout the site now use the numerical keyboard on supported mobile devices whenever applicable.
- “As Low As” price displayed in daily emails has been replaced with the same “Common Markdown Price” seen throughout the site.
- Fixed a bug which was preventing certain users from being able to edit their local alerts.
- Fixed a bug which was preventing alerts from being sent for products in the rare case that the product required a user to be logged in to search.
- Fixed a bug which was causing “Deal” tags to be displayed on product results which did not have an active deal at the time.
Released 7 / 30 / 19
- BrickSeek Rewards – Thousands of exclusive local & online deals available to premium & extreme users.
- Online Deal Alerts (beta) – This feature will be exclusive to extreme members before getting rolled out to other membership levels. It is a new way to create receive highly customizable alerts anytime a new online deal is posted.
- Newly integrated community – The community itself has undergone a complete redesign, but in addition to that it is now being linked to from the main navigation of the site, a widget was added listing the top trending topics, and comments added in the community about individual deals are now being displayed on that deals page.
- Your Selection – While searching the products or the deals page and/or when filtering results of any other page your active search term and filters are all clearly listed in one area.
- Users can now select the type of alerts they’d like to receive at the time of creating a local alert.
- MSRP is now displayed on the shopping list page.
- “Price & Quantity” text is now totally visible on the local alerts page.
- Blog posts can now be marked as expired by the author.
- Post authors will now be indicated as such when commenting on their own posts.
- Commenter membership level is now indicated on their comments.
- Commenter membership length is now indicated on their comments.
- Number of comments is now always indicated on post previews.
- When viewing all blog posts in a specific category the name of that category is now displayed as a title,
- Singular blog posts now include related posts below the main content.
- When checking inventory you can now click on a stores name in the results to view that stores “Markdowns by Store” page.
- Added a message for when no stores are returned for a particular zip code on the markdowns by store page.
- Adjusted the disclaimer message on the Markdowns by Store page.
- Addressed a bug in which the deal tag was being displayed on product tiles within the product archive page despite those products not having an active deal.
- Resolved an issue in which sorting the Local Markdown Feed after searching by your location would cause your location to be displayed in the browser.
- Resolved a bug where after sharing an inventory checker link on a social media site the incorrect store logo would be displayed.
- Addressed an issue where several Home Depot product names were being returned blank.
- The button to view a product on the retailers website from its pricing records page now opens the retailers website in a new tab, making it consistent with the behavior of the inventory checker.
- Fixed a spelling error within the displayed modal for the barcode scanner.