Released 10 / 17 / 19
This was a minor release which was made in order to account for a change in the way Walmart reports inventory quantity information.
We made the following changes to the way inventory quantities are displayed for results from Walmart locations:
- Quantity ranges for some results will now be more concise “quantity: 2-5” or “quantity: 3-5″ for example will now be displayed as “quantity: 2-3” and “quantity: 3-4″ respectively.
- A small number of results which previously would have been displayed as “In Stock” will now be displayed as “Limited Stock”.
- Inventory quantities of 6 or more will now be displayed as “6+“.
The above changes will impact the following areas:
- Walmart Inventory Checker
- Pricing Records – Walmart
- Markdowns by Store – Walmart
- Local Markdown Feed – Walmart
- Walmart products within Shopping Lists
- Local Inventory Alerts for Walmart products.
Released 9 / 3 / 19
- Added support for Macy’s to Markdowns by Store, Today’s Markdowns, and Local Markdown Feed.
- New slider on the homepage which will be updated periodically with the latest updates and other announcements.
- “Members Area” pages which are locked for the current user are now displayed differently. Each page now includes a brief description of what that page does.
- Added a disclaimer which explains the best approach to successfully redeeming a BrickSeek Rewards offer.
- Reordered “Members Area” menu items.
- Expired deals whose last known markdown pricing is unavailable are now displayed without any pricing information instead of displaying “N/A”
- Inputs throughout the site now use the numerical keyboard on supported mobile devices whenever applicable.
- “As Low As” price displayed in daily emails has been replaced with the same “Common Markdown Price” seen throughout the site.
- Fixed a bug which was preventing certain users from being able to edit their local alerts.
- Fixed a bug which was preventing alerts from being sent for products in the rare case that the product required a user to be logged in to search.
- Fixed a bug which was causing “Deal” tags to be displayed on product results which did not have an active deal at the time.
Released 7 / 30 / 19
- BrickSeek Rewards – Thousands of exclusive local & online deals available to premium & extreme users.
- Online Deal Alerts (beta) – This feature will be exclusive to extreme members before getting rolled out to other membership levels. It is a new way to create receive highly customizable alerts anytime a new online deal is posted.
- Newly integrated community – The community itself has undergone a complete redesign, but in addition to that it is now being linked to from the main navigation of the site, a widget was added listing the top trending topics, and comments added in the community about individual deals are now being displayed on that deals page.
- Your Selection – While searching the products or the deals page and/or when filtering results of any other page your active search term and filters are all clearly listed in one area.
- Users can now select the type of alerts they’d like to receive at the time of creating a local alert.
- MSRP is now displayed on the shopping list page.
- “Price & Quantity” text is now totally visible on the local alerts page.
- Blog posts can now be marked as expired by the author.
- Post authors will now be indicated as such when commenting on their own posts.
- Commenter membership level is now indicated on their comments.
- Commenter membership length is now indicated on their comments.
- Number of comments is now always indicated on post previews.
- When viewing all blog posts in a specific category the name of that category is now displayed as a title,
- Singular blog posts now include related posts below the main content.
- When checking inventory you can now click on a stores name in the results to view that stores “Markdowns by Store” page.
- Added a message for when no stores are returned for a particular zip code on the markdowns by store page.
- Adjusted the disclaimer message on the Markdowns by Store page.
- Addressed a bug in which the deal tag was being displayed on product tiles within the product archive page despite those products not having an active deal.
- Resolved an issue in which sorting the Local Markdown Feed after searching by your location would cause your location to be displayed in the browser.
- Resolved a bug where after sharing an inventory checker link on a social media site the incorrect store logo would be displayed.
- Addressed an issue where several Home Depot product names were being returned blank.
- The button to view a product on the retailers website from its pricing records page now opens the retailers website in a new tab, making it consistent with the behavior of the inventory checker.
- Fixed a spelling error within the displayed modal for the barcode scanner.