Digital Content Writer
BrickSeek.com is a money saving website that tracks the best deals and clearance markdowns across the web and at the nation’s largest brick-and-mortar retailers. We are looking for a candidate who is as obsessed with finding the next best deal as we are, and who is passionate about sharing their knowledge on “Living Life at Half Price” with our users.
In This Role You Will:
- Work within the guidelines of an editorial calendar to research consumer topics and create original content about shopping smarter, finding the best deals, and saving money. Examples of our content:
– 4 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Unused Gift Cards
– 20 Veteran’s Day Deals and Freebies
– How to Save at Walmart on Black Friday
– Financial Planning Tips for New Parents
- Research and write engaging content that is both original and applicable to savvy shoppers.
- Explain in an easy-to-understand way how to utilize BrickSeek’s tools and features to track markdowns and score amazing deals.
- Seek out and work with consumer experts to discover new shopping hacks and ways to save even more.
- Break down complex shopping strategies into simple guides and incorporate the use of BrickSeek’s tools into those shopping tips.
- Submit work to editors for input and approval.
- Work remotely from home.
- A thorough understanding of BrickSeek.com, its tools and features, and how to use them. (ie – You should be able to explain in detail what the Markdowns by Store feed is, what it does, and how to best utilize it to find deals near you.)
- Experience producing content alongside a team.
- A strong aptitude for conducting thorough research on a wide range of topics.
- Firm grasp of SEO content optimization.
- Ability to work within and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-starter with the initiative to brainstorm and pursue their own creative content ideas.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field or equivalent proven work experience.
BrickSeek launched in 2014 as an online tool to locate popular LEGO sets (hence BRICKseek). Since then, we have evolved into a powerful shopping tool that finds amazing deals on just about anything you could want to buy. We scour sales and markdowns at over a dozen of the most popular stores and websites and bring those savings right to you. The number one thing that drives what we do is pretty simple… make it easy for our users to save time and money towards the goal of Living Life at Half Price.
BrickSeek started as a simple idea, but we’ve grown into a nationwide team that loves what we do and is passionate about empowering our users to truly change their lives. We’re looking for dedicated, self-professed deal hunters who are obsessed with saving money, have the initiative to stay on task even when working remotely, and who aren’t intimidated by an overflowing clearance aisle or the dreaded “back storage room.” If you love the deal chase and constantly find yourself telling friends and family that they overpaid for their latest iPhone, then you’ll fit right in here at BrickSeek.
If you think you’re the right fit for our next Digital Content Writer, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please ensure that your cover letter details your experience with deal hunting, clearance shopping, or some other way that you are obsessed with saving money when you shop. We are looking for someone whose writing will convey authenticity because they are personally passionate about saving money and finding great deals. If you have any previous published work, please provide a link to it. We are excited to hear from you!